Theme: Sustainable tourism, Coastal communities
Title of the workshop: How to transform mass tourism into sustainable tourism for local communities
- Fipra International
- IUCN Centre for Mediterranean Cooperation
- Arco Latino
In Europe, passenger numbers are forecast to increase by 1.5 billion a year by 2036. Yet destinations are struggling with their own success. This workshop discusses mass tourism from the perspective of private sector & destinations as they work to understand & manage the various impacts of tourism.
- John Richardson - Special Advisor for Maritime, Fipra.
- Ms Gessine Meissner - European Parliament
- Salli Felton – CEO, Travel Foundation
- Ukko Metsola – Vice President, Government Relations, Europe & Asia-Pacific, Royal Caribbean Cruise Ltd.
- Jeremy Sampson – Communications Officer, IUCN Centre for Mediterranean Cooperation.
- Roberto Grassi – Project Manager at Arco Latino.
- Leticia Ortega – ALTER ECO Project Coordinator, Valencia Institute of Building - Valencian Regional Government's Ministry of Housing, Public Works and Territory Structuring.