Theme: Ocean literacy
Title of the workshop: Connecting ocean science to ocean literacy to foster ocean action
- Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO
- Coexploration Limited
The United Nations has proclaimed a Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development (2021-2030). The objective of the workshop is to discuss what is the main role for ocean literacy, and the concrete actions that should be developed, in the context of this Decade. Furthermore, a specific discussion on what is the role of the European institutions and stakeholders will be undertaken.
- Francesca Santoro - Programme Specialist, Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO.
- Ricardo Serrão Santos - Member of the European Parliament.
- Sieglinde Gruber - Head of the Marine Resources Unit of the Directorate General for Research and Innovation of the European Commission.
- Easkey Britton - Post-doc researcher, National University of Ireland Galway.
- Antonella Vassallo - Managing Director, International Ocean Institute.