CISE (Common Information Sharing Environment): A new era for maritime surveillance
The session will announce the launch of the operational phase of the Common Information Sharing Environment (CISE) as an important building block of the overall EU maritime surveillance framework, with the involvement of the European Maritime Safety Agency. This new phase will build upon the successful completion of the EU interoperability project EUCISE2020 as well as important national projects. Devised by the Commission together with Member States and several EU agencies, CISE will further facilitate quick and reliable exchange of information across borders and across different maritime authorities. It will contribute to ensure a safe and secure maritime environment, which is a key precondition to allow blue economy to grow and flourish. It will improve maritime surveillance and mitigate the diverse risks that might have a negative effect on our seas and shores, such as pollution, illegal and criminal activities, piracy, or terrorism.
- Christos ECONOMOU, Head of Unit, DG MARE, European Commission
- Leendert BAL, Head of Department ‘Operations’, European Maritime Safety Agency
- Carlos FERREIRA, Director of Inspection, Monitoring and Control of Maritime Activities at Directorate-General for Natural Resources, Safety and Maritime Services, Ministry of the sea, Portugal
- Giuseppe CODISPOTI, Deputy Coordinator of EUCISE2020
- Bartel MEERSMAN, Head of Unit, JRC, European Commission