Theme: Maritime security & surveillance
Title of the workshop: Maritime surveillance, a multilevel governance model
- General Secretariat for the Sea
- University of Messina - University Center for Transport Studies (CUST Euromed) "Elio Fanara"
To increase awareness of on the need to strengthen Multilevel Maritime Surveillance in the Mediterranean Basin.The workshop will embrace on issues pertaining to border and economic security for EU, including international cooperation, related issues on maritime security and surveillance stakeholders, their implications for the Mediterranean region and how natural resources shape border security.
- CDR Ronan Chastanet – General secretariat for the sea.
- Capt.(R) João Ribeiro - PANORAMED Maritime Surveillance Expert, Blue Geo Lighthouse, Lda / Expert for Agency for Development and Cohesion, Portugal.
- Nexhat Kapidani - Deputy Director Maritime Safety Department, PANORAMED Maritime Surveillance Expert, Ministry of Transport and Maritime Affairs Maritime, Montenegro.
- Professor Francesca Pellegrino - Professor of Maritime Law, "Vessel Traffic Service: legal aspects", University of Messina.
- Cpt Michele Landi - Italian Coast Guard officer, “VTS role in Maritime Spatial Planning”