Theme: Aquaculture and fish processing
Title of the workshop: Together for sustainable aquaculture
- Associação Natureza Portugal in association with WWF
- Marine and Environmental Sciences Centre - Faculty of Sciences, University of Lisbon
- University of Aveiro, Centro de Estudos do Ambiente e do Mar (CESAM) & Laboratório para a Inovação e Sustentabilidade dos Recursos Biológicos Marinhos (ECOMARE)
The moderator will stimulate an open discussion with the aim of identifying common problems and solutions on each of the four major pillars that support a sustainable aquaculture: Science, Economy, Social and Environment aspects:
- Innovative scientific tools;
- Technological and management solutions;
- Social changes induced by the transition/integration between fisheries and aquaculture;
- Prevention and mitigations of major environmental impacts.
- Ricardo Calado - Aquaculture research, CESAM - Aveiro University.
- Ana Pombo - Aquaculture research, MARE-IPLeiria.
- Fernando Gonçalves - President, Portuguese Aquaculture Association.
- Pedro Encarnação - Aquaculture Director, Jerónimo Martins Group.
- Catherine Piante - Oceans Programme, WWF France.