Theme: Sustainable tourism, Coastal communities
Title of the workshop: Turning Passion into Protection for European Coastal Heritage
- Surfrider Foundation Europe
- European Maritime Heritage
Coastal heritage is facing many threats (environmental, social and cultural). Solutions to these threats are not enough implemented on a European scale. This workshop will try to find a way how watersports could build a bridge between European coastal communities to share good practice for heritage protection. The idea is to stay as interactive as possible and to include the participants in the reflection and the ideation.
- Agathe Clerc - Project officer at Surfrider Foundation Europe.
- Antonio Pedro - SFE Lisboa Chapter & writer of Surf Guide Portugal.
- Yann Leymarie and Simon Witt - SFE staff
- Pascal Dericke - Technical Coordinator at EMODnet Secretariat and Coordinator of the European Atlas of the Seas (DG MARE, EC)
- Joao de Almeida and Joao Barbas - EMH