Theme: Climate action
Title of the workshop: Adaptation to 1.5C of global warming in ocean and coasts: Urgent action
- Future Ocean Alliance
- Centro Tecnológico del Mar
Exchange of experiences to raising awareness on the need for a coordinated framework across scales of governance, to articulate a policy interface for ocean-coasts in global climate action. What are the best and innovative practices in adaptation and finance mechanisms for adaption?; What works and what does not?; What kind of capacity, knowledge and research is needed to address impacts and to build a blue economy climate resilient?
- Isabel Torres de Noronha - President, association Future Ocean Alliance (FOA)
- Mr. Bernhard Friess, Director, Directorate of Maritime Policy and Blue Economy, DG Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, European Commission
- Ms. Thelma Krug, Vice-President, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
- Ms. Daria Povh Skugor, Senior Programme Officer, UNEP-PAP/RAC, Barcelona Convention.
- Ms. María Luz Macho Eiras, Vice-Director General, Meteorology and Climate Change, Meteogalicia, Xunta de Galicia & Ms. Belén Martín Míguez, Senior Programme Officer, CETMAR, Spain.
- Ms. Catarina Freitas, Director & Mr. Nuno Lopes, Head of Division, Department for Innovation, Environment, Climate and Sustainability, Almada Municipality, Portugal.
- Ms. Isabel Torres de Noronha - President, Future Ocean Alliance, Ocean climate action: future directions towards climate resilient ocean and coasts.
- Talanoa Dialogue: 1 minute per intervention