Theme: Ocean energy
Title of the workshop: Blue energy: Powering Europe’s coastal communities
- Ocean Energy Europe
- Région Occitanie
- European Marine Energy Centre
Participants will learn about the latest offshore renewable energy developments along Europe’s Atlantic and Mediterranean coasts, with a particular focus on the regional economic and environmental impacts. The session will encourage an exchange of views on the relationship between maritime communities and wave, tidal and floating wind projects.
- Rémi Gruet - Ocean Energy Europe.
- Andrew Scott - CEO, Orbital Marine Power.
- Patrik Moller - CEO, Corpower.
- Caitlin Long - Environment and Consents Specialist, European Marine Energy Centre (EMEC).
- Julien Ciglar - Région Occitanie (Ad’Occ) – Marine Renewable Energy Project Manager / Benoît Garrigues, Région Sud-Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur – Head of European and Mediterranean Cooperation.
Workshop - Blue energy: Powering Europe’s coastal communities
|16 May, 14:15 – 15:45, Congress Center Lisboa|
Chaired by Rémi Gruet, CEO of OEE, this workshop will showcase the latest offshore renewable energy developments along Europe’s Atlantic and Mediterranean coasts.
The session is co-organised with the European Marine Energy Centre (EMEC) and the French Région Occitanie. Speakers will focus on the regional economic and environmental impacts of wave, tidal and floating wind technologies.
Speakers: Andrew Scott, Orbital Marine Power | Patrik Moller, Corpower | Caitlin Long, EMEC | Julien Ciglar, Région Occitanie (Ad’Occ) & Benoît Garrigues, Région Sud-Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur
Photo exhibition - Ocean Energy: Blue is the new green
|16-17 May, Congress Center Lisboa|
Created by Ocean Energy Europe, this photo exhibition is designed to show tried and tested ocean energy devices, to demonstrate that this sector is already generating power and creating jobs. The projects featured all prove that it is possible to produce large amounts of clean, renewable electricity from the sea, and to revitalise coastal regions across Europe.