EU Blue Economy report II: Growing contribution of emerging sectors
This session will present the 2nd Blue Economy Annual Economic report. The report measures the scope and size of the blue economy, describes sectoral trends and analyses their drivers providing a crucial evidence-base for policy-makers and stakeholders. The session will raise awareness of data limits to properly assess the growing contribution of emerging sectors to the EU’s blue economy and the need for an improved data collection framework for these sectors. It will include presentations on measuring and monitoring economic benefits of activity areas such as Desalination, Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) and Blue biotechnology.
Frangiscos NIKOLIAN, Head of Unit, DG MARE, European Commission
- Efstathios PETEVES, head of Unit, Marine Energy Technologies, JRC (Petten)
- Rupert HAINES, Managing Consultant, ICF Consulting Services
- Professor Gordon DALTON, University College Cork, Ireland
- Miguel MARQUES, Economy of the Sea Partner, Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PWC)
- François RIVOAL, Responsable de pole économie et coopérations, Agence D’urbanisme Brest (ADEUPa)